BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 386 - AND we have offically stepped into the Home Stretch!!

The countertops went in today and they are everything i wanted!  I am so glad I stuck to my guns and had them redo the edges. It made the BIGGEST difference.  There are a few hick ups in that they have to come back and polish the seam of the waterfall because there is a slight lip and it should be flush, but all in all it is beautiful.



 I have also selected the backsplash.  Went with the :newest thing" that I found at a fraction of the cost...back painted solid glass sheets applied to the walls.  It is super easy to clean, very sleek and modern plush it brings in a slight pop in color to my otherwise very white/grey kitchen.  These can be priced upwards of $30-40 per sf and I found a LOCAL manufacturer at half price which is what one would pay for normal tile backsplash material and labor.  It just takes a little online work and you can find almost any high end finish at a reduced price.  Talking to people always makes a difference.  I call vendors and am upfront about my budget and they then tailor their product search to my needs.  Often I am able to find something that I didnt know existed or was not shown in a catalog online.  Never hurts to ask...
Here is the countertop color next to this dreamy yellowy-cream-weird color that we have chosen....I love it!  Not for everyone I am sure but we love it...
SO plumber couldnt squeeze me in tomorrow, I have him set for Monday because of the schedule the countertop people gave me originally. They, after giving me such a HARD time and pushing me back 2 weeks in my schedule by placing me on a friday install, called yesterday and said "we will be there Thursday and if that didnt work then it would have to be NEXT week".  FRUSTRATING!!
so we will have to wait over the weekend with no activity once again...this is all about HURRY up and WAIT.
Painting will be Tuesday, Hardwood floor finish Wednesday, sofa delivery next Friday and we are officially in!

What will i do without the blog??? Oh wait - we have heavy duty hard - & landscape coming up.  No just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment