BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day??? Now you see it....Now you dont

I bet you all think I havent been able to post this week because we were soooo busy getting ready to move in this weekend.  Now did you honestly think the last week of this disasterous renovation would go as planned???  Unfortunately I did.  We had a great schedule: Countertops Monday, Plumbing Tuesday, Painting Wed/Thurs, Floors Friday and Move in Saturday.

Well Monday the countertops came in, now you see them....

Now you dont...

  We choose Ceasarstoen Quartz in "Concrete"..the color looked great and upon close inspection, we found that they had cut the WRONG edges on the tops. They lobbed off the corners to create a 1/8" bevel instad of just slightly nipping the corner off.  The look we were going for was very square and modern and what they brought looked more old fashioned.  So AWAY they went, back to the shop.

I was so distraught and dissappointed ot say the least. I had to postpone every other conctractor.  I speant all week going back adn forth to the stone place, arguing and then finally convincing them to redo  it.  I even went so far as to have my OTHER fabricator make me a sample of the edging i wanted and gave that to them to duplicate.  The new install date got pushed WAY back adn there was nothing i could do.  We are on their schedule for Friday!! Which means I cant get the plumber or anyone out until the following week.  We lost 2 weeks!!! 

This is what they brought...
See the edge, upper left?

Lesson here, do NOT give up at the end, especially when you are exhausted and think you can not make it anymore.  That is when I see people concede to things that are not necessarily what they want.  I almost did it here, but I have come this far and want what I want.  I am tired, upset and disappointed but it is worth MORE to have what I want. Don't give up..hang in there and wait out the process!!

So I will post some pics later this afternoon of things we are getting done while we WAIT.  We hung the range hood, made some decisions about carpets and steel details...now it is getting fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment