BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Where are we now??

Again it has been a while since I last posted.  It has been a roller coaster ride trying to be my own general contractor, project manager and client.  I need to  hire "me" to manage my own project and things would happen a lot faster.  I am so busy getting things done they way Tilo and I want them done (hard task given we use German standards and not American!) and still try to make all of the design and finish decisions in a timely manner so as not to hold up the entire project.

Where are we now?  Well exterior painting is complete and we have brand new gutters on the entire home.  All that is left is the front door and the garage door which will both be stripped and stained, and then the landscaping which is a HUGE task in itself and will not be done until the heat wave breaks here in Atlanta - maybe mid September.  Here are some exterior pictures....
 We used a Sherwin Williams gray color and "tweaked" it to add a tint of green.  Sometimes the house looks gray, sometimes silvery and some times green.  We are really happy with the choice.
 The rear elevation looks so much better - like it is also brand new.  Now Tilo and Viola will have to paint the little garden house to match - nice fall project for dad and daughter.
 We chose a new gutter color - never been used by my installer before and it turned out really cool.   A silvery gray that adds alot to the front with the granite stone.  Tilo had them come back after I took this picture to tweak the gutter connections to make all the water lead away from the house. 


 New paint, Gutters, and stone - looks like a $300k remodel right?  We love it!!

We have also got a lot done on the interior.  All of the ceilings and walls have been painted and they will finish up with the interior trim Monday - Tuesday.  We went white on white for most of the rooms, adding an accent wall to the master.  Viola's room is a light blue and her bath a very faint green to go with her accent tile band.  All tile has been completed and sealed but due to the construction mess, I think I will have to re-grout my dark floor when it is all said and done..URGH..wasn't here to manage the subs that came in after it was complete.  Frustrating really...have a look at the new Master shower....
 Limestone was used throughout on all the floors in the Master Bath - this is the shower floor and curb.  I added a limestone bench and niche ledge after the fact - making ALL the difference in the world in the final product.  Having my installer tear out the left wall was the hardest but best decision I have made thus far. 
 Glass accents where the shower heads are located....
 Chrome accents around the niches - make them sparkle and look that much more modern.

I will go up and take paint pictures and shower/toilet fixture pictures - everything went in on Friday.  The last thing that will go in - and of course they are all waiting on me to make up my mind about - are the countertops.  Viola's is a gray limestone and mine ..well I am thinking of resin??  I need modern so granite really does not work and that is my struggle.  cant mess that decision up!  I should have them in by the end of this week with the sinks.....More pictures to come this evening..

No comments:

Post a Comment