BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 131 - And the Saga continues..

Okay so I long for the day when I can write about all of the exciting perfect, gorgeous finish work being done on my job!!!! Let's see where do I start....cabinet install last week - they sent the wrong cabinets - 6 weeks of waiting....now we are on call to receive the FAST made replacements - 1 week delay added to my total. 

Next, tile was installed last week in the master shower and when I walked up in the afternoon to check on the last wall I saw a HUGE mistake in the layout.  I struggled with being able to "aceept it", the "grout will hide the cuts"..I let it go on friday.  The visual stewed in my brain over the weekend and soooo YES I had him rip out that wall again.  Bottom line is I have to live in the this house (WAY longer NOW than I thougth because YES we are over budget!!) and I will see these mistakes.  You have to pick and choose your battle as a homeowner - some I DO let go but the crazy cuts in my ultra modern Master shower I can not.  So it has gone up only to be torn back down.  Now the question is when can he (or possibly someone more talented) re do it???  DELAY once again....check out the cuts and see if you could live with it...


Anyway, the left wall got torn back out today and we will start over.  Not until next week though. Delay 5 days added to my total.

Let's see what else could become an issue? Oh yeah, my custom Sherwin williams color for the exterior that took Tilo and I WEEKS to decide upon and create was painted by my guy Onsongo and we realized that it was not the right color - it was MINT green!!  YIPES.  So back to the paint store for onsonogo - that was another 2 day delay to cover it back up and get the colors worked out!!  Now we are back on the right track...here is a sneak peak...

Stain color for the cedar and porch ceiling....

Board and batten custom colors - gray with a tint of green...

And meet Onsongo - an accoutant from a distant land - been painting in our neighborhood for 10+ years.  Very funny guy!!

Hopefully we are on the upswing and only good things will happen now.  So far I have had about 7 weeks of TOTAL delay, about $2500 in upcharges for "unforseens" and another $500 in tile material replacement!  Urgh...we have to be on the home stretch now...

No comments:

Post a Comment