BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lots of catching up to do...Day 120....

It has been a whirlwind of ups and downs with our renovation.  We were moving into interior trim and then had interior door issues.  What we ordered - very special flush solid core doors - did not come as ordered.  All interior trim is finished except for the 2 doors that were incorrect AND the fact that there is an inch gap between the bottom of our new doors and the hardwood floors!  Our old doors were to the floor. So now we have to order new doors and install these new doors downstairs.  All too complicated at this point to explain....Just have  a look at our new trim and doors with chrome hinges - VERY modern :) ...



                             Vs Closet door and new window trim....
                           V's New bathroom door and trim....
 We even switched out the windows in the guest room to match the rest - a bit bigger and nicer than the old pair of windows..
 We now have a large linen closet in the landing at the top of the stairs.  Storage, storage and more storage!!

 Because of our countless delays (brick, tile delivery, ceiling crashing, etc.) my subcontractors are all tied up on my regular jobs so they only work for me "when they can squeeze me in".  At this point I have to just take what I can get!!

We not only got the interior trim finished (mostly) but we also made some headway on the tile. We are almost finished with her shower and my shower starts Monday!  Take a look at Viola's tile...
This is the decorative band she created.  She picked out all of the glass colors and decided on a pattern she liked.  I LOVE it as does she!!
 This is her tub surround....I opted to go ultra modern with extra large subway tile 4"x12" and set them in a geometric pattern verses the usual "running bond".  I think it turned out great.  Note the red paint - this is actually the latest and greatest for tile install.  It is called "red Guard" and you paint it on to the concrete board underneath the tile to create a waterproof seal.  Expensive but worth it - gives me peace of mind when I worry about leaks, mold, etc.

Also this week, we were to have our cabinets installed. Viola's cabinet got installed but my cabinets were made WRONG.  yes I said WRONG.  I waited 6 weeks and they came in wrong.  Can this really be happening?  Another delay?? The president of the company called to apologize....I am just waiting to see what I get out of this deal - maybe the countertop little cabinet piece i want?? Hmmmmm....

They light colored square mosaic glass tiles will be Viola's backsplash.  At least we have made some design decisions!! It has been a VERY painful process.


So Monday is Master Shower Tile, Wednesday we will finish the interior trim and on Thursday they will start exterior paint...that DRAMA will be a second post!!  More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment