BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

GREEN with Envy??

Who knew there were 72 colors called "white". And did you know that there are at least 3 times that many colors of gray??  And "beige", forget it!!

Tilo and I set out to find a simple easy light color for our exterior and have since gone through 2 bottles of vodka and had 3 fights!!  Our house looks like a quilt with all the test spots....




The only thing we agree upon is that we cant do a true gray and we dont really like the plain jane beige scheme.  Our "dream home" with the same granite has a greenish tinted gray stain on cedar shake siding.  I CANT change the siding now (or can I? - no seriously I CANT) so we need to make due with our board and batten.  Looking at our dream home..
 Tilo and I decided we would find that greenish/gray and make it "ours".  I have been to sherwin williams 4 times in the last 4 days and have spent $75 on paint samples - BUT we are getting close!! 

My mother's day will be spent painting and deciding, not necessarily in that order!!  I will post pictures of the green results tomorrow....We have basically one day to pick out trim colors, siding colors and wood stain colors!  I leave for Washington DC with Viola and her school Monday! Could the timing be any better??

No comments:

Post a Comment