BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

YES YES YES

I apologize for the lack of blogging over the last 2 weeks.  It has been a rollercoaster ride, which is to be expected!  I fired my brick mason last weekend and have sinced hired another - Omar Salazer who is awesome.  I have been waiting 3 weeks for samples from the other guy and within 2 days of hiring the new guy, I am ready to brick tomorrow!!  He made me brick wall samples to test mortar colors and I was picking out my stone today at the yard. Everything got delivered this afternoon and by Saturday afternoon I will have a brick porch, landing, and stairs.  Check out the final decisions....

 The Lithonia granite to the right will be the veneer- we will mix it with some weathered Lithonia to get some tans and browns in there.  Love the VEINS in the stone.  The rest of the stone is Crab Orchard which will be my porch floor and walkway.

 This is a close up of the granite - it appears much darker than it is..I think it will be beautiful!!



 These are the two small wall samples - the one to the right is too light and the one to the left is too dark, so they will mix the mortar 50/50.

 We have our window space.  Tomorrow we will install our new transom window!  It will light up the stairwell and give some balance to the front door since it is not centered under the addition.


 we took the plastic off and removed the temporary wall last weekend in preparation for the sheet rock work.  The arch you see will also be gone tomorrow.  We are opening up the walk way to the ceiling - 9ft high!

Will take some photos of the stone that got delivered - the BEFORE and tomorrow afternoon I can start posting some after pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment