BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

DAY 23 - Need a little inspiration

The plumbers finished the rough in today except for my shower valve installs.  The online company "lost" the valves and are shipping new ones as I write this blog!  they should arrive tomorrow.  The plumbers will com back Tues to install them and also to install my new marathon water heater.  This big water heater is electric, very efficient and comes with a $525 instant rebate from GA Power!  I will get it for like $300.  Pretty good deal.

My electrician is MIA....got sick yesterday and postponed his start to tomorrow but haven't heard from him...hmmmm....will keep you posted on that.

Picked up some custom tile from my friend J. Gladney at Renaissance tile  for Viola's bathroom today - it is gorgeous.  J. is AMAZING and helped me and Viola with our design,,,what fun it was for her to create her OWN piece!  You can splurge on bands and accent pieces and cut corners on the basics.  We will use this as a band through her standard white subway to give her room some POP.  I will use 4x12 subway set in vertical columns and then have 2 bands - 1 at 3 feet and 1 at 6 feet in her tub surround.  Take a look at the "Viola" creation sample...

 She is so excited about her creation...something fun she had a say-so in makes the difference!  And you know what, it is a band that can always be changed out fairly easily some day so don't be afraid to let your kids have a choice!

Rain is in the forecast the next days so my porch will not be done anytime soon!  Monday they will (hopefully) install the concrete block and we can get some supports in place for the dormer that is  just "hanging out" there.  Makes me nervous!!

Still lots of decisions to make for Tilo and I this weekend....where is my project manager and interior designer when I need them? My house is piling up with fixtures, plates, things and stuff!

;) 






No comments:

Post a Comment