BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Friday, February 18, 2011

DAY 36 or somewhere like that??

So we are still on hold waiting on a decision about the brick vs. stone.  Now it's time to weigh in if you haven't already.  Tilo and I will do some more photo shop options this weekend and post them for responses!  Please tell us what you think.

We did pass all of our inspections - electrical, HVAC and plumbing so now we will do fire caulk, insulation and then sheet rock.  If all had gone well at the beginning with my foundation walls, porch and masonry I would be done in about 4 weeks!  I have about a 4 week delay but I don't want to rush the BIG decisions.  I want the house to be set on it's permanent columns and sit there for 2 weeks before putting up sheet rock or installing the hardwood / tile floors.  Normally you want the house to have the chance to settle for about 4 weeks before adding these finishes.  I just hope that my porch has done it's settling and little more will occur once the addition is set on the columns.

This weekend we will take pictures of everything in side of our walls and mark on a plan where are extra blocking boards are for when we want to hang heavy things on the walls. These pictures and site maps can prove priceless later on - especially if you ever have any electrical or plumbing issues that requires you to cut sheetrock!  Also take pictures of the mechanicals before the sheet rock goes up.

We went to look at cabinets, tile and countertops this week.  LOTS of money and lots of decisions to make.  We are going to try and find remnant pieces of granite or limestone for our countertops.  you can go to any of the fabricators and suppliers in the City and ask them for their "leftover" pieces.  Sometimes you can get the most expensive granites for 60-70% off.  It is a simple phone call to make. Reuse and Recycle is my motto!!

For our cabinets, I went and visited Founder's Kitchen and bath in Alpharetta.  This is a great operation - small with employees that have worked there for over  15 years.  They have the top end lines down to the modestly priced alternatives that look better than many custom cabinets I have seen.  They are working up a quote for me right now.  Bottom line we are looking for a modern style and they have it! 

Pictures will be posted this weekend.  I will post our photo shop options as well as stone photos from our visit to the stone yards on Sunday!  Stay posted...







No comments:

Post a Comment