BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DAY......I give up - we are having MAJOR delays.

Okay so my mechanicals are done, fire caulk is done. Ready for my framing inspection this week. Next is insulation and sheet rock. BUT I can not hang sheet rock until the dormer has found it's permanent position atop the posts. AND we can't install the posts until we know if we will have stone or brick veneer.  URGH!!  I will not make my 3 month goal. We are looking at a 4 week delay total.

Tilo and I spent Monday at several stone yards looking at options.  Granite is expensive and also only comes in THICK pieces.  I have framed the dormer with a 4" space for brick under the overhangs of the roof line.  When you do stone veneer, you allow 6" of clearance.  So now I not only have to pay more for the stone but I have to pay more for the labor to cut it down from 5-6" thickness to 2-3" I need to fit my framing.  URGH!!!  Another option would be to put more brick back on the profile - I have a place in Indiana that is sending me their samples - maybe it will work....If we can find SOME brick, we will do this option...

                                                                                                            Option 1
This is our "second" choice if brick is not available..

                                                                                                            Option 2

Option 1 is great IF we can find brick in Indiana. Option 2 is the choice but will come at a higher price.
 We should be able to make a decision this week.  Weigh in now while it is still up in the air!!



Will post more pictures this week...


No comments:

Post a Comment