BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

DAY 13 & 14

Progress is slow because we are waiting on my windows and plumbing fixtures to arrive.  The targeted date is next Wednesday. I had my brackets picked up so Ruben and his crew could do my proticos on the sides of the house BUT the brackets were WAY too big!  They are monster things.  The architect spec'd this size which is standard but it is simply too big for my space.  I will re-order the same in a smaller version.  They are BEAUTIFUL though.  Got them at ProWoodmarket.com model 13t!. here is the link  http://www.prowoodmarket.com/products/Wood-Bracket-13T1.html.  I have them available for sale if anyone needs a deal on custom made cedar brackets  :)  ...check them out..

 So having no windows and no brackets kind of threw a wrnech into the project schedule as is the deilvery of my bathroom fixtures which was TODAY!  I have my Toto toilets!!!

Next weeek should prove more exciting than this - we will do electrical and plumbing rough in and Ruben will be here next Saturday to finish window installs and all the siding and exterior trim.  I only have him for a few more days before we start the monster job on Brookridge!!

We got the boards up for the siding and will do battens when the windows are in...



The front porch footings will be poured this week..footings need to go deeper to support the 3 columns - we got flagged on it today by the inspector.  I am HAPPY to make them deeper - I dont want any settling!  Rebar has also been bored into the existing brick which many do not do - that is CRUCIAL to keeping it from settling.  My brick is still an issue!!!  Cant find the right match..may have to go with stone.

My family still thinks it is all cool...Viola and her friend Walden took a tour yesterday - they love Viola's new larger room and have already laid out the floor plan with party corner!!





This is my big stairwell with kneewall that opens up the whole 2nd floor!!  I cant wait to see it finished.  Tomorrow is clean up day....more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment