BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Insightful thoughts

As we wind down the framing phase, it is time to gear up on the finishes.  I need to put some thought into the big picture and what I want from my new space.  Some things to answer early on are:

Type of cabinets - are my vanities to hang, sit on feet or have toe kicks.  The plumber needs to know this as he roughs in your bathrooms.

Do I want any medicine cabinets, shower/tub niches for shampoo, etc. or extra storage cubbies.  Before your framer leaves make sure you have him frame in these features.  After he is gone, these changes are harder to make.

Where will my attic access be?  You need access especially if your HVAC unit will be in the attic.  I am debating on the master closet or hall leading into that closet.  I dont have enough space anywhere else for pull down stairs.

Do I want any sky lights?  Sky tubes or transom windows.  No or never so to speak.

and my electrical plans...you must design your rooms with placement of cable, phone and outlets.  I will prepare each room for TV/cable even if only the master will have a TV. the walls are open now so it is an easy cheap addition.  Later after the work is complete, these additions will be costly.  

 I have ALOT of decisions to make this week....







No comments:

Post a Comment