BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 2 comes to a productive end...

We are at 28 degrees right now, and I have a BIG hole in my roof!  Thank goodness for Ruben and his handy work that we are still warm down below the 2nd floor war zone!

I have given up the idea that my yard and garden will survive this - I didnt put up much of a fight there..the first layer of saw dust has already killed grass that probably died under the weight of the new snow anyway!  Inside we are still in tact - no dust, just noise and "closeness" so far.  We can survive this!  (My new mantra!)

The extended floor is built....




Great right?  I will have a much larger front porch and my Master bath will be above the new porch.

Inside - they tore it all out....have a look...
 This is Viola's old closet which will become our newly extended Master Domain - closet and bath.

 The last little piece of Viola's Kids Room is left above the window...I have to say, for a home that is 80+ years old, it sure held up well!!

Tomorrow Ruben and the guys will frame up the entire dormer and new roof line. Friday it is a new roof for the entire house before the rain comes on Sunday!!  My windows have been ordered and I am working on plumbing fixtures as that will be the next thing to do - mechanical rough in (electrical, plumbing and HVAC).

The end of another awesome day!
 Quoting one of my favorite T-Shirt companies right now, "Choosey Chics",  "Choose to Build"!  Kris




1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm totally impressed with the progress so far! Keep it up! I have no doubt you'll keep them all on their toes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete