BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

DAY 5 - Yes it IS Saturday and we are working!

The roofers are finishing up this afternoon.  I will be dried in except for the new windows.  I decided to start this renovation 3 weeks early so my windows were NOT ordered on time. They won't be here until Jan. 31st!  That is not so nice.  It is crucial that once you sign the contract to do the work and the design is finalized, you order your windows.  The perfect scenario is to have the windows on site when the framer starts.  That way you get dried in that much faster and the project stays on schedule.

Most 2nd story renovations should take no longer than 6 months - a little dormer like mine, no more than 3-3.5 months.  Being able to stay in the home is for me a luxury..I dont have to move out and don't have to pay for a move and extra rent.  And I am personally able to keep a close eye on my sub contractors.  I think they are more conscious of the work they do when they know you are there.  That being said, we are only 3 in our family and are living under "cramped quarters"..EUROPEAN style.  Check us out...
 This is our Family Room / Sunroom that is now the FR and Master Bedroom.  We have quite a view from our bed!! 
 This is our old Dining Room that has been converted into Viola's room - she is quite happy in her space and it is closed off by doors, PERFECT!
 This is the other side of the FR looking at the front entry door that they sectioned off.  This is great because no contractors will enter our living space without knocking at our side entrance and announcing themselves.  That saved me...they have their entrance and we have ours.  You can also see the plastic Tilo and I hung up to keep the dust to a minimum in our living space.  I highly recommend doing this even if you aren't living in your space - it keeps the "untouched areas" of your home free of that SUPER FINE construction dust that magically appears in every nook and cranny!

Pictures from today to come...


 



No comments:

Post a Comment