BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 3 - We have a defined space

The walls have been built and now I can actually visualize the space much better.  It is always larger than you expect at this phase and then when the sheet rock goes up it is suddenly too small! I feel like I have a bathroom fit for a queen but I know how much it will shrink as we get into the finishes! 
                                                             My future "Spa oasis"...
                        Viola thinks this is soooo cool!  She is big buds with the construction crew!

My skylight in the stairwell idea wont work BUT we will get some additional storage space above the stairwell built in to the master closet which in the 'hood is worth it's weight in gold!

Tomorrow the roof ridge will be set and the shingles will start to go on so we get dried in before the rains hit. 

Tilo and I will order our plumbing fixtures tonight - found some GREAT websites to get high end (Toto, Dorn Bracht, Grohe) fixtures at 40% off retail...check out www.efaucet.com and www.homeclick.com and www.nationalbuildersupply.com. AND right now the last site listed has an additional 10% off all Toto products!!!  If you need a little more guidance your Project Manager and/or contractor should be able to get you 20% off at Fergueson's or Cowan's.

Still working on my electrical To Do list.  While the walls and ceiling are open ALL over my 2nd floor, now is the time to rewire, add fixtures - basically bring my house into the new electrical millennium!  This To Do list is a step many do not take enough time on....especially in the early framing stages - go there, visualize your space and "map out" your electrical needs - lights, switches, outlets, speakers, TV/internet.  This will save some costly upcharges when you get to the electrical rough in...they place the items and you move them - UPCHARGE!  I am so panic'd about this that I dream about lighting placement!!


2 comments:

  1. FYI - Homeclick.com offers a trade discount. I think that it's an additional 10% off. I had set up an account w/ them eons ago. If you are interested I can go through my old emails to see if I can find the contact info (or it might be faster if you just call them). You should see if the other websites also offer a trade discount. Just use intown's info to set it up. If you're really trying to stay on budget than all the extra little discounts add up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Designer Plumbing is also a great source. I got a killer deal on a Noritz tankless water heater when I did my renovation a few yrs ago. http://shop.designerplumbing.com/

    + I also got some awesome deals on Ebay when I bought my kitchen sink, faucet, and fireplace mantel!

    ReplyDelete