BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DAY 13 - Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Not much to show or report toady - it rained all day.  I was in panic mode because we have no gutters on the 2nd floor roof line and our basement does have the tendency to leak but even after the down pour at 3 am we have NO water in the basement!!  Some one is looking out for us!

I did meet with my insulation guy yesterday, John Schaefbauer, of Better R Insulation. ever meet someone who is so into their "thing" that you just wish you had that much passion?  That is John.  he is the guru of insulation.  He discussed with us almost an hour the benefits of foam, evaluating every nook and cranny in my attic space, telling me how to beef up my framing so we get a sealed home.  All of my clients have loved him and he is also working with that Ga Power / SHINE program so his work is "rebate-able".  The rebates you get make it almost the same price to do batt or foam! 

We have decided to foam the roof line and the exterior walls on the 2nd floor as well as the underside of my porch roof which is under my bathroom floor and we want that warm and dry!  I will put in batt insulation between the 1st and 2nd flrs for soundproofing as well as around bathroom walls and between bedrooms.  I want peace and quiet in my new space!

I will be ordering the rest of my plumbing fixtures, tubs, attic ladders and int doors this week.

Ruben is here in the rain today to finish up odds and ends inside.  I need it to dry up so I can move forward on my front porch!!



No comments:

Post a Comment