BEFORE

BEFORE
Our humble abode and the modern tudor it shall become...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 5 - "The roof, the roof, the roof is on.." let's just leave it at that and celebrate!

We are officially dried in.  I spent the last 1.5 hours outside with the roofers cleaning up my bushes!  I learned pretty quickly in this job, that if I get out and help and "show" them the level of cleanliness I want on the job site, that they will follow suit.  Sure enough, as soon as I started crawling around my bushes, so did they!  We have a clean site now - free of wood chunks, old shingles, new shingles, nails and trash.  I can sleep well tonight!!

Now I am NOT saying that you should be out there doing this, but your lead person should! I am a little anal and NEED to be involved but the rest of you don't.  Make sure your project manager is showing the guys what needs to be done and not just relying on them and their definition of "cleanliness"!!  You can speak up at ANY time in this process and make sure it is being done they way you want it to be (of course it never hurts to bring the guys fresh backed muffins on a saturday morning when they are working to get what you want!!! :)  ).

BUT look at the results we got....In 5 days - from zero to shingled dormer!!


One thing I did learn today is that if you have dish or direct TV and the roofers have to remove the satellite, do NOT let Direct TV put it back on - they simply nail it through the NEW shingles creating ways for water to get in.  There is a plate your roofer can by to mount under the shingles and then the satellite attaches to it.  The shingles cover it and we are all happy!!  a $50 fix but well worth it!

Next week it will be interior demo and framing..Tilo and I will do the layout tomorrow! This is sooo exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Go head, girl! Looks great. So proud of you! Let me know when I can steal you away for some yoga or a mani/pedi! Movies this Thursday night for sure, you need to take care of yourself, too! Love ya. JC

    ReplyDelete